Dubbo Chamber of Commerce and Industry has been recognised by the NSW Business Chamber as the best Local Chamber at this year’s State Business Awards.
The win recognises the achievement of the Chamber over the last twelve months, which have included
• an increase in membership by 30%;
• introduction of new events and networking opportunities; and
• stream-lining of systems and processes using a web platform created by local company Bosweb, which resulted in an online membership system; on online membership directory; as well as online payments.
Sandy Dunshea, President of the Dubbo Chamber said “the progress made by the Chamber, builds on work completed by previous Board’s including the 10 big ideas for Dubbo campaign”.
“Our submission focussed on achievements; along with engagement with the local business community; as well as engagement with the NSW Business Chamber, which are all critical to the Chamber’s success” said Mr Dunshea.
Earlier this year, the Dubbo Chamber achieved Alliance status with the NSW Business Chamber, which results in those members who opt-in, having access to considerable resources supplied by the NSW Business Chamber, such as
• Workplace advice over the phone
• Business tools and resources available online 24/7
• Online health check for your business - great to use with your accountant or business banker
• Legally compliant templates and samples of essential commercial documents
Some of the other activities that have been implemented successfully over the last 12 months include:
• Introduction of new events for members, including
o a Chamber Golf Day
o key note speaker events (Alan Greenspan & Michael Crossland)
• Introduction of an on-line members directory
• Introduction and publishing of a Chamber purchasing policy
• Evaluation of every event
• A business confidence survey
• Investment in our weekly newsletter, to provide relevant business content and information for subscribers
• A partnership with Orana Mutual that provides benefits extended to members and their staff and
• An opportunity for members to promote their products and services in our newsletter.
President Sandy Dunshea, Director Megan Dixon and Executive Officer Toni Beatty traveled to Sydney on Friday, 23rd November 2012 to attend the and receive the award at a gala ceremony.
Chamber Director, Megan Dixon said “the competition was tough: we were up against some good and big Chamber’s from other regions, who had all introduced new programs to engage the business community.”
The competition included:
• Albury Northside Chamber of Commerce
• Ballina Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Liverpool Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Penrith Valley Chamber of Commerce
• Port Macquarie Chamber of Commerce
• Ryde Business Forum
• South Sydney Business Chamber
• Tamworth Business Chamber &
• Wyong Regional Chamber of Commerce
In accepting the award, President Sandy Dunshea thanked the local business community and sponsors of the Chamber, who along with NSW Business Chamber, who have supported the Chamber and its members throughout the year.
Sandy Dunshea, President, Dubbo Chamber of Commerce
02 6884 2222; 0418 811 798